Four Implementation teams will be established to achieve the goals, objectives
and priority actions framed in the publication titled Our Natural Legacy:
Delawares Biodiversity Conservation Partnership. These four
teams will correspond to the four initiatives of Science,
Resource Management, Land-use
Planning and Education
& Outreach. The steering committee will appoint chair/co-chairs
for each of the teams.
Duties of Chairperson(s)
- Organize team members to include a diverse working group of individuals,
be sure to include representation from governmental and non-governmental
organizations. (10-15 members)
- Schedule and oversee meetings on a regular basis to ensure progress
toward implementation of priority actions.
- Develop a plan to achieve the goals and objectives outlined in the
Natural Legacy document including information on funding, timelines
- Send meeting notices, agendas, notes and other information on progress
to the biodiversity coordinator on a regular basis.
- Keep team information, notes and meeting notices updated on the DNREC-
Biodiversity web page.
- Report to the steering committee during quarterly meetings.
- Provide feedback to the implementation team from the steering committee.
Duties of team members
- Attend scheduled implementation team meetings.
- Make recommendations to steering committee to modify or add new objectives
and priority actions.
- Identify the responsible agency/organization to implement selected
- Coordinate and collaborate with the responsible agency/organization
to create a plan to implement priority actions.